<VV> Re: drive wheels - no corvair

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Thu Aug 17 18:29:04 EDT 2006

I didnt say flooring it while going up a hill, I said under heavy throttle
OR going up a hill. =)

Going up a hill in snow in particular........I live in the Pocono Mountains
and know well how this affects a front drive.

Your response does bring back one particular memory though.....

     In my little brothers F--d Probe about 8 years back I once had the
pleasure of trying to pull out of a rather steep uphill gravel driveway in
the rain into heavy traffic.  This WAS a moderate to heavy throttle on a
hill situation and let me tell you, more then a quarter throttle and the car
just sat still tires spinning.  We had to wait for a good couple minutes for
a gap in the traffic long enough to pull out into.

     At twenty six years old I might not yet drive as conservatively as many
of you, but I also like to think I've come a long way since getting my
license ten years ago.  I was a tractor trailer driver for quite a while and
have driven a heck of a lot of miles for someone my age (about 100K miles
per year in the semi).  I sure don't drive like I used to, and while I still
do drive to fast on the familiar back roads around home I can safely say I
don't drive as fast as my MUCH older female co-workers!!!!