<VV> Paint car-vs-lacquer band instrument

Paul Abel pbob63 at frontiernet.net
Thu Aug 17 23:49:43 EDT 2006

You're exactly right Steve, Lacquering a horn is much harder I think.
You have to buff the base metal to a mirror finish, with zero
imperfections, the spray with a clear lacquer. No hiding bad body (dent)
work, or sanding out runs or anything like that. We have to get it right
the first time, or strip it, rebuff it and start from scratch. I wish I
could just fill dents in a sousaphone with bondo. Hey, I guess I could,
but I'd have to paint it Marina Blue or something like that. <ggg>

-Paul-