<VV> Removing the lock cylinder....

Marc Sheridan sheridanma at adelphia.net
Fri Aug 18 18:58:04 EDT 2006

The traditional way (at least on a late) is to move the switch to the
accessory position then insert a paper clip into the hole on the front of
the lock to release the lock. Since you don't have the key you have a couple
of other options. You could take it to a lock shop and have them remove it
and possibly even make a key for it or you could simply buy a new switch.

My question is, how did you get the switch out with the lock still in it? On
my '66 the lock has to be out before the bezel that holds the switch in will
come off.

Marc Sheridan

From: "Secular" <rusecular at yahoo.com>

How do you remove the lock cylinder (the part key goes in) from an ignition
switch?

  I have removed the ignition switch (completely) from the car but can't
figure out how to separate the lock cylinder from the switch so I could
install a new one (with key). The key for the original switch was lost.

  Regards,

  Tony