<VV> Re: Cleaning the convertible top

Jeff Clark markii56 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 21:38:45 EDT 2006

It depends on how dirty the (vinyl) top is.  Little to
medium dirt, I'd use a mild citrus cleaner and a
medium-bristle brush.  If it's REALLY dirty, then I
move up to Fantastik or 409, but BE CAREFUL: KEEP IT
AWAY from the stitching, don't allow it to dry on the
vinyl, rinse it thoroughly, and don't let any of it
get on the paint.

As for washing the car, I haven't used anything but
clear water in over 25 years.  If you maintain a
proper wax finish on the paint, then there's no need
to use soap.  I don't care who makes it, ANY soap or
detergent leaves a film, which then attracts dirt and
turns into that sticky "road film."  Leave the soap
and detergents in the kitchen and laundry room where
they belong.

Jeff Clark