<VV> "Corvairs in the Curves XVII" - Sept 10

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Fri Aug 18 21:42:56 EDT 2006

Ladies and gentleman,

I am pleased to announce to you that plans have firmed up for CORSA
South Carolina's seventeenth annual autocross, "Corvairs in the Curves
XVII" - "Return to Greenville Mall"! Yes, at the last minute, we were
able to procure Greenville Mall as our venue!

"Corvairs in the Curves" was first run in 1989 at Greenville Mall. We
ran there for five years until new construction took away our space.
Now, as the mall is being demolished to make way for new development,
we will run there again, probably for the last time. There are three
lots we have our choice of, depending on the state of the mall at the
time, as demolition is scheduled to begin September 1. We promise a fun
course with no tricks, just plenty of good sweepers and gates plus a
nice slalom or two! No stop boxes, no downshifting, no pain!

Email me for a general information and directions sheet and a pre
registration form. Please return the pre registration form with your
check. Fees have been relaxed to include all drivers in a family. So, a
husband and wife can run for one entry fee! This should encourage more
female drivers to participate! One of the reasons we were able to relax
the fees this year is because our insurance is free from CORSA! So,
come and get your money's worth of your CORSA dues!

We are expecting some outstanding cars to participate this year
including:

Joe Christ's beautiful Lola/Corvair, one of the fastest Corvair powered
cars ever built!
David Clemens with his Street Mod Corvair fresh from a big win at the
Buffalo convention!
Bob Coffin - Dr. Yenko hisself - with one of his fast Yenko's!
Tony Ellison - the feared purple car - winner of the Don Yenko award
from the Lexington convention. The only Street Mod car to ever win this
honor!
Bruce Schug's Monza, winner of three class championships at past
conventions!
Stephen Bujtor's class winning Corsa from the Buffalo convention!

So, we're pretty well set with FAST Corvairs. Now what we need is more
SLOW Corvairs! Yes - that means YOU! We encourage all Corvair owners to
bring your car out for a few runs. If you've never autocrossed before
now is the time to try it! Go as fast or as slow as you wish the only
requirement is that you must have fun! Anyone caught not enjoying
themselves will be asked to leave immediately!

Remember - Unlimited runs! No classes! Few trophies! Probably some
prizes! Prized dash plaques for all competitors! Fun and fellowship
with other Corvair owners!

What more could you ask for?

On September 10 - ALL ROADS LEAD TO THE CURVES!

Bruce W. Schug
Eventmaster

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina