<VV> Re: Corvair's handling compared

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Sat Aug 19 16:16:13 EDT 2006

I agree.

In 1968, I ordered a new 1968 Mustang fastback with 302 ci / 345 hp Special
Order engine and performance package, including M70 tires.  (Is anyone
familiar with this car ? Only 500 were produced.)

After ordering the Mustang with a $1000 deposit, a friend bought a 1965
Corsa coupe and after driving it, I couldn't believe how well it handled.  I
fell in love with the car and wanted to get out of the Mustang so I could
get a Corvair, too.

Fortunately (or not, depending on your perspective), Ford exhausted their
supply of the engine I had ordered, and wanted to substitute a 427, or a 428
for mine.  (That's when I discovered "breach of contract" and it was my way
out.)

With my deposit, I bought a 1965 Corsa convertible, and had no monthly
payments !

Nothing drive like a Corvair, ESPECIALLY an LM ! (EMs are unique, but LMs
simply cannot be matched.)

PS:

Does anyone know anything about this 1968 Mustang fastback with 302 ci / 345
hp Special Order engine ? I'm pretty sure it was not a Mach I or a Shelby,
but I can't find any info on that engine.

Chaz