<VV> 66 Corsa Grille Question

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Sat Aug 19 20:16:04 EDT 2006

Wade-

I didn't think that the Monza grille should *even have* screwholes as
the grill panel has the grillwork already incorporated into it.  So
somebody (maybe you... it isn't clear) modified the Monza grill panel
to hold CORSA inserts.  Whether the lack of "countsunk" (not really
countersunk, but pressed dimple) depressions is your problem or the
remaining Monza grillwork just interfering with the Corsa grill insert
  (one grill atop another) I don't know.  Why not just use a Corsa
grill that is designed to take the aluminum inserts (no sheetmetal
grillwork -- just a large rectangular hole)?

Or, am I completely misunderstanding/talking out my butt?  I'm used to
65 Corsas, which have 2 open areas to take the inserts; I assume 66s
are similar, with only a single large grill instead of 2 smaller ones.
Why put aluminum grill right over sheetmetal grill?

Jim Burkhard
CORSA

wblanning at adelphia.net wrote:
> I have a 66 Corsa rear grille insert that I plan to install on a Monza grille.  It seems that the depressions around
 >the screw holes in the insert causes it to sit off the grille a
little bit.  Can someone tell me if there are suppose