<VV> 66 Corsa Grille Question

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Sat Aug 19 22:05:12 EDT 2006

No, Terry Kalp told me the real reason (see attached)... in 66, it was
done differently from 65, beyond having a single opening instead of 2.
The shiny bit is just a "surround" (no mesh) in 66, unlike the full
shiny grillwork on the prettier (heh heh) 65 cars.

Jim
Jim,

Indeed you are suffering from "rectal rapport".  The '66 Corsa "grill"
  was a polished aluminum trim that went around the stock Monza mesh.
  The Corsa trim was open to let the Monza (and 500) grillwork show
thru.  The mesh was painted silver like the Monza (500 was body color).

Terry Kalp