<VV> HOT AIR AFFAIR 2006

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 21 02:02:47 EDT 2006

Yes Joe, you can bring the Holeside.  Word on the street is that you're
drivin' it again, does that mean the new Megasquirt is operational?  And if
you bring the Corsa I'll betcha Kent will get a kick out of the c/o body
tag...

Anyway, without further ado...... <drum roll please>

Western Canada CORSA is proud to announce the 8th Annual CORVAIRITIS
TREATMENT DAY, known for this year only as....

THE HOT AIR AFFAIR!

Why THE HOT AIR AFFAIR, you ask?

That's because this year we're opening up the show to ALL Air Cooled Cars!
Know any owners of other Air Cooled cars?  Please invite them along to join
in the fun!

Here is a rough schedule of events, and our reasoning behind it.

Friday Sept 15th 5:00-8:00pm
CRUISE-IN @ Francelli's
This is a weekly happening in Victoria, and it just happens that the 15ths
is the last event of the summer, which means they're going to have a live
band, on top of all the great cars that show up. If you're an out-of-towner
it'll be great if you can make it, but we're thinking this is mostly going
to be locals and those (like Kent) that take the Coho ferry.

Saturday Sept 16th 4:00-9:00pm
HOST BBQ & CRUISE
We're going to feed the participants!  And then we're going to take you on a
Cruise!  We figure starting things off at 4:00 or so will give folks plenty
of time to make a leisurely trip over to the island.  If you get on the 2:00
from Tswassen, you should be coming down the Pat Bay and right by the host
hotel and the BBQ site right about on the money.  And if you get here early,
there are plenty of amazing sites to take in along the way.  Below is a link
to a Cruise that happened at Francelli's back in June, if you get to the
8:50minute mark you'll see some interesting cars....
http://www.francellis.ca/cruise_night.htm

Sunday Sept 17th 8:00-3:00pm
HOT AIR AFFAIR at GYRO PARK
What more can I say.  We're gunning for over 100 cars, and all Air Cooled!
A totally unique car show!  Firstly, we've got many 'vairs that are only to
be seen here on the island.  Plus, we're going to fill the air with the
unique sound of 2, 4, 6 and 8 cylinder air cooled engines!  There is no
saying that this will be done again anytime soon, so you don't want to miss
it!

Can't wait for your mailout?  Click here...

http://www.westerncanadacorsa.com/Events/2006CTD/CTDInfo.htm

If downloading from the website is a good e-substitute for an actual
mailout, please let our newsletter editor know: corvaired at telus.net so we
can save the chapter the cost of postage.

Are we excited?  Heck yes!  We've got over 200 posters up all over Vancouver
Island promoting the event, and we think turn out from both specatators and
participants is going to be impressive!  This could be the show people talk
about for years, you don't want to miss it!

We look forward to seeing you

Vancouver Island HAA Organizing Committee