<VV> RE: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 19, Issue 149

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Mon Aug 21 09:46:04 EDT 2006

This pops up every once in awhile.
A few years back a guy approached me needing a set of early corvair bucket
seats.
I sold him a fair pair out of a 61 I had parted out. A month later he came
back with them saying they didn't fit his GTO, and wanted his money back.

He never asked about if they would fit anything else, as I really didn't
have a clue, but I guess at least the seat tracks were different. Though
they look similar, the frames of the seat may be the same, maybe
not..........

Let the buyer beware! Or at least see if he has one of his seats out of the
car for comparison purposes.

Gary Swiatowy

From: "Sam and Marissa Andolino" <mandolin at rochester.rr.com>
Subject: <VV> 64 bucket seats
Hi everyone,

Someone approach me about buying a set of bucket seats for a 64.  He was
thinking about replacing the seats in his 64 Chevelle and someone told him
that they were interchangeable with the Vair. I know that 67-69 seats are
interchangeable with other cars but are the earlies ?

Sam Andolino