<VV> re;Corvette

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Mon Aug 21 13:02:15 EDT 2006

My turn to take part in the vette thread!

     I had a bright red 1968 Corvette convertible for about three and a half years.  I spent the first one and a half restoring it.  The car was beautiful, and I loved it as much as one might expect.  The car handled and rode much better then you might think (I drove it from Pennsylvania to Texas and back).

     As much as I loved that car I don't miss it terribly much.  My biggest problem was I was always terrified to park it anywhere.  It would have been a rediculously easy car for even an idiot kid to steal for a joyride, and had enough desireable parts that a pro might take it (doubtful, but possible).

     The funny thing is that during my ownership of the vette I bought my first Vair (a 66 monza 110 PG).  I was astonished that my slightly beat up (needed paint and interior) Corvair drew more attention then my Vette ever did.  Certainly more desireable attention.... most people didnt have very nice things to say about a 20 year old kid in a classic corvette vert!!!  Everybody assumed I had a rich daddy, not that I scrounged every penny I could, took out a cash loan, and then restored it largely myself.

    As stated earlier I dont miss that corvette terribly much (most of the time anyway), but man did I miss that vair' that I sold a little while before the vette!  Now I'm working on restoring my 65 Corsa coupe and have no regrets at all!

Ray Rodriguez
CORSA member
65' Corsa coupe 140/4spd