<VV> 1960 - 140 HP !

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Mon Aug 21 16:17:45 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/21/2006 12:16:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rusecular at yahoo.com writes:

>  Could the owner have used just the block from the 63-64 Spyder ? Does the
> Cam and Crank from a Spyder block work with 140 heads? The car runs and
> drives real strong (4 speed). The only thing missing are the chock rods but I'm
> not sure how to check and see whether the choke coils are there or not. How can
> I find out what year transmission is used.
Sure any combo can be put together...only the long stroke crank in a 145
requires clearancing

65-9 164  heads work on 61-4  barrels with just a simple spacer ring [ large
hose clamp]

Most likely this is a 145 eng...was a Turbo when new....guy added the OTTO
4 carb kit to 2 carb heads.....look at the bases of the carbs and see if 2
look like they are added on...epoxied, etc.

If no holes in the heads for the choke rods.....means they are real early [
61 ]  or Turbo heads...

Transmission....best bet is to chalk tire.....remove spark plugs....chalk
crank pulley....
put in each gear and push slowly forward.....noting for each gear how many
revolutions it takes to roll the wheel 1 turn.

When you get to 4th [ 1:1  direct drive]  this will tell you the diff. gear
ratio..

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!