<VV> Re: LM Headliner installation - Mowers for sale!

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Wed Aug 23 11:10:14 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/23/2006 10:43:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
markii56 at yahoo.com writes:

If it's  truly wrinkled, I'd try using a hair dryer on
low heat, but BE CAREFUL: too  much heat for too long
will definitely damage it.  Take your time, and  you
might want to spread this project over several  days.

Jeff has a valid point! I think I would also use something pliable to help
work the wrinkles out, like a driver's license or AAA card... our CORSA
membership cards are a bit too thin for a job like that.
;-)
And a credit card would be too thick... BUT BE GENTLE!
I just poked a hole in my headliner yesterday... no, not a big one, but
about the size of a pencil... I was making out a list, sitting in the 69, when a
horsefly decided to check out the shady spot in the car... I swung, clipped
him,  but also put the eraser through the headliner...
I would have rather dealt with the welt from the horsefly... it's a small
one... maybe with a little work I can hide my stupid mistake...
You live and learn!

Oh, I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I have a couple of old
Snapper Comet rear engine riding mowers for sale... I was helping a neighbor
with a few chores (tinkering with his truck and then I cleaned up his .303
Enfield and got his sights working perfect... not to mention the old gummy  g
rease out of the receiver...) he wanted to pay me, but he's on a fixed income,  so
he gave me some mowers to repair and sell... both are early 1970s, 30 inch
cut.

One has a 10 hp Tecumseh with electric AND pull start, and needed rear  wheel
brakes (done fixed that) and has a slow leak on a tire (will fix that
today)... will have an oil change and filters replaced, along with a sharpened
blade and all fittings and joints greased... has a new Snapper battery... it
could use a new seat, and maybe a paint job... I'm asking $250.

The other has an 11 hp Briggs with electric AND pull start, new Snapper
battery, new seat, new brake on the blade (just replaced that yesterday as the
blade was always spinning even when "disengaged")... it needs a rear wheel
bearing replaced, which I'll be doing that today, too... it has the old style
square steering handles, so it might be mid 1960s... says "COMET 30" where the
other says Snapper... and the deck height adjustment is on the right side, and
not on the left like most Snappers I know... Anyway, I'll change oil and
filters  in it too, along with a blade sharpening... its a fine runner... could
also use  a paint job. $300...

If interested, let me know... I'm about 60 miles from Louisville, right
between Elizabethtown and Leitchfield.

Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg