<VV> Corvair Wrench

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Sat Aug 26 01:34:30 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/25/2006 8:22:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
billpat at telusplanet.net writes:

> OK Matt and Ron H,  I'll bite.  What is a 'long nut'?  Can't say I've
> ever heard that designation before but then again, everyone thinks I'm
> mechanically challenged.
> Bill Kronen

They are also called "Coupler nuts"......ever seen a metal building [
industrial usually]  with  wire trays, unistrut brackets hung from the over head with
ALLTHREAD  that is joined by a 2"  long nut?

You can buy the 3/8 COARSE in any Hardware store....but not the Fine
thread......you just buy a 5/16"  Couplernut  and drill tap for 3/8x24....the way I've
always done it until most in my Chapter said they wanted a couple...

I just went to the local Bolt warehouse in San Diego, ABABA BOLT  and bought
a box of 50 of the right thread....still have 2 or 3 left.....just like Daniel
Monasterios'  and my   CAST   fake fuelpump bodies, we sold in 2001....the
only thing we can't keep up with is our D & M  exhausts....I've only got
ONE...and Daniel is finally getting to keep one out of this newest run!  He thinks!!!
 [ I THINK he sold all the prototypes to other Vair owners in Mexico]

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!
Timogen was a softy!