: <VV> Re: harbor freight tirer machine

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun Aug 27 17:50:03 EDT 2006

>I would not dare break a belted tire bead with a jack.

Well back when I was young and more ignorant than now, it was the only
choice I had. Usually was to get a tire off to throw away but do not recall
ever having a tire that was so abused (I mean this was probably before
belted tires anyway, don;t think any modern cars even have bumper jacks)
give any problems later.  Just useful to know if you *must* break a bead
(e.g. are 40 miles from Meteor Crater AZ, have already used the spare, and
just happen to have a pump and tube...)

Didn't have a flat but had a coil melt very close to there before cell
phones. Found an early 60s Chevvy just sitting waaay off the road with hood
up , no carb or battery or paint but the coil still there. Got us home.

Padgett