<VV> Predetonation woes

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Sun Aug 27 23:46:59 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/27/2006 8:30:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
lloydscorvan at yahoo.com writes:

> Does anybody have suggestions for my predetonation problems on my 102 h.p.
> engine? I have been using premium with a little success and have even
> resorted to retarding it to 8 degrees btdc.Is this problem common for this engine or
> am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

1   Have you tried running with the VA  disconnected?

2  Have you "decarbonized"  the cylinders....

3   You bet it is..probably the "hottest" 2 carb Vair engine ever...

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!
Timogen was a softy!