<VV> Re: Sema and property values

Gary Swiatowy garyswiatowy at summitlubricants.com
Tue Aug 29 07:12:41 EDT 2006

Generally speaking, people in control of most municipalities have a vested
interest in things towns do. Most are real estate speculators who feel their
run down property is not selling for full value because you have an
unlicensed car on your nearby property.
So why do we want our property values to go up anyways??????? If they went
down your taxes would be less!
High property values are only good if you are a seller.............

Our hobby is restoring cars, now let's see what happens if someone tries and
outlaw hunting or golf................

I've been through all this before, most of the time when someone tries and
pass these zoning ordinances they copy someone elses without really thinking
about what the ordinance really says. Where I used to live, the law they
tried to pass would include any and all unlicensed motorized vehicles and
trailers. "Technically", that would have included any and all farm
equipment, including implements pulled behind a farm
tractor.................you should have seen the fun when the farmers
figured this out.

And there is always someone who thumbs their nose at the law and continually
gets cited, and gets away with it. We had a guy like that, he would sue the
town for harassment every time he got cited. He had at least 20 junk cars,
and 3 junk boats. When my brother got a letter over his "one" car hidden
outback, he complained to the town of "selective enforcement" as the guy
down the street had not cleaned up his yard, why should he? My brother still
occasionally has a project car on property.

Gary Swiatowy