<VV> Powerglide Questions

Jeff Stewart fonman4277 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 29 08:16:36 EDT 2006

Hello All,
     I picked up a Powerglide trans this past weekend, cheap. I'm new to the world of Powerglides and Corvair engines, so forgive me, but I'll try to explain the problem clearly. When I got the trans home, as I was taking it off my trailer, a lever fell off. I've since learned this is the throttle shaft lever, it's on the left side of the trans, down low just above the pan, right behind where the selector cable enters the trans. At first inspection, it looked like the lever had been broken in two and welded back together. On closer inspection last night, I realized that, in fact, the lever had been crudely welded onto the shaft coming out of the transmission. Question is,can this shaft be replaced? I'm not even sure how this lever originally attached to the shaft. There is a groove cut into the shaft, at first I thought maybe just a C-clip had popped off, but that's not the case. I found the lever listed in Clarks catalog, but not the shaft itself. Thanks in advance!   Jeff

Jeff Stewart
fonman4277 at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.