<VV> ash tray removal from early

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 30 23:43:30 EDT 2006

Hi Bill,

I removed the one on my '63.  There are two clips, one on the left and one
on the right attached to the ashtray frame.  You need to depress or flatten
them out while pushing up on the frame from below.  I believe the ashtray
door needs to be shut also.  Easier to do if you first remove the radio so
you have more room to work.

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!