<VV> Oil change-no vair

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Thu Aug 31 12:47:48 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/31/2006 6:30:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
HallGrenn at aol.com writes:

> And just as our manuals have huge qualifiers on oil change intervals based
> on
> "normal" service versus "severe" service (around town driving) the last VW
> manual I saw recommended shorter change intervals for stop and go driving.
> It
> is true that vehicles with a large oil sump like the Boxster have longer
> intervals than other cars, but oil life is based on use and abuse--and lots
> of short
> trips, long idling and dusty conditions shorten the life of oil.

I say one thing for the new vehicles..  2005 /6  Chev.  p/u's  ..the Computor
tells you when to change...and you have 600 miles after the alert to keep the
warrantee in effect...

I go 11k usually....other workers get 5k -8k....they live more in the
city.....

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!