<VV> Christmas Lights

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Dec 1 08:55:21 EST 2006

Arjay:

More people are killed by 120 volts than any other voltage here in the
United States.

Why? Because of the prevalence of the notion that "it's only 120 volts,
that can't be lethal"!*

While sticking a finger in the light socket, the current path can very
well be across your chest if your other hand is resting on a ground.

Remember, fatal current through the heart is only about 10 milliamps.
That is .01 Amps.

That is all hearts, not just old bad ones.

As has been said before, you can do what you want to kill yourself, just
do not pass on methods that will kill others.

Frank DuVal

* Some think 240 volts is worthy of more respect, but here with the
120/240 volt system the most shocks on 240 volts is actually from one
hot wire to ground, which is 120 volts!