<VV> Christmas Lights Report

Arjay Morgan n3lkz at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 22:49:00 EST 2006

Thanks to all who commented on my Christmas Lights/120 volt inverter posting.

  I'm happy to report the system worked well. No one was killed or even tingled by the 120 VAC. The lights ran for about three hours and the battery is still at 11.9 volts. We'll be doing it again in a week and a half in Plant City, FL. and I probably won't even bother to put the charger on the battery.

  As for the controversial method of checking whether a light socket is live, you'll note I wrote, "I was taught practical electricity by Harry Thomas who always  checked if a light socket was 'live' by sticking his finger into it."  The operable words here are "his finger" -- not mine. Alas, poor Harry is dead these past 30 years, but it wasn't electricity that got him. Bum ticker did it.

  Happy holidays,
  Arjay Morgan
  64 Monza convert.