<VV> LM Power Top Gear Drive Cables

Jesse Garcia dj_jess at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 5 10:15:53 EST 2006

How many of you would pay $120.00 for a pair of exact reproduced gear drive cables for your LM Vert?

I have a gentleman who is willing to take a look at a sample and make it like the original color and all. He tells me that they are the same as 71-76 GM scissor top convertible cables the only differences are the length and the housing color. GM made one 41” and the other 29”, Corvair cable are 32.5” long. The steel threaded end nuts are the same and the housing are the same except for color.

He would need a donor cable which he will return, this way he can get the exact color and length.

I told him that I would post the question and see what kind of response I would get; if it looks favorable he will make them. He is not asking for any money up front, just a spare cable to see if it is feasible and a worth while venture.

I don’t know about you guys but $116 each from the east coast is kind of high.

He sales his GM repros for $55.00 each now this to me is a reasonable price.

He also carry’s the power top motor for $235

If you are interested give me a thumbs up, if the numbers are there then maybe we get our Holiday gift early.

Happy Holidays