Fwd: <VV> CO Detectors/Eliminate

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Dec 7 10:48:59 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/4/2006 6:30:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tibbitts at qx.net writes:

> Bob, so far I've only attended two nationals.  Who has the meter to check
> the air down to PPM?  I know they are expensive so I doubt there are many of
> them out there.  I would love to have mine tested.  I don't have reason to
> suspect there is CO in the cabin.  But it would be nice to know.
>

> Cliff Tibbitts
>
>  Lexington, KY

Cliff,  A Group Corvair member had one that he used to bring to our annual
shows--and I'm hoping it wasn't Mike Harrison who died unexpectedly just a
couple of months ago.  Maybe someone in your area works for a firm that has one
available--or one could be rented.  My point is that if you've done everything by
the book to seal up the shrouds and exhaust then just leaving a vent window
partially open to bring in fresh air is all you should need.  Some people blame
the Corvair for CO when the CO is being picked up by the cooling fan because
shrouds are leaking or missing and the exhaust is sucked back into the engine
compartment down low.  All the cooling air is supposed to come in through the
louvers only (which is the source of the heater air)--that's why they were
placed up high.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair