<VV> introduction

Roger Atkinson ilikeoldcars at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 8 12:01:12 EST 2006

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself as I am new to this list and to Corvairs.  I just picked up a 1964 Spyder convertible (red with white top and interior) from a former list member and car collector (Bob Hill).  I had been looking for a Spyder for a while and someone put me on to this car.  It is really nicer than I had wanted to get intitally but I shouldn't have to do anything to this but enjoy it.  It has a set of Kelsey-Hayes wires wheels which Bob said were fairly rare.  How rare are they in reality?  They are immaculate (been rechromed obviously) as is the rest of the car.  He had obviously spent a fair amount of dollars to get this car as nice as it is - I don't see anything it needs and it runs and drives like new.  I am just thrilled with my purchase and look forward to car show season.

Roger