<VV> a couple of questions

Roger Atkinson ilikeoldcars at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 8 15:16:41 EST 2006

I apologize if this is a double post.

Someone mentioned if the Kelsey wheels came originally on my car.  How do I tell?  Bob told me that they were on the car when he purchased it and had them restored with the rest of the car but didn't know if they were factory or not.  He had two other complete sets that had been restored but weren't on any car so I assume someone could add them to any Corvair as long as the bolt pattern was the same.  Is there a build sheet I could look for somewhere on my car to find out if they were factory.  This car does have the same kelsey hayes wheel as a spare - would that mean it was a factory option or what?

Also, I had originally wanted a A/C car but Bob said A/C wasn't available on the turbo cars due to the turbo configuration.  He showed me another 64 Corvair convertible he had that was non turbo and had A/C and it had the coils mounted just over the engine.  He also had a 66 Corvair with factory A/C that had the coils mounted along the back of the engine area - he said 66 was the first year for that configuration.  I assume he is correct ????? He seems to be fairly knowledgable about old cars but was wanting clarification on that.  Is it possible to add a 66 style A/C unit to my Spyder?  He said that anything could be done if you wanted to throw enough money at it but that personally he had never seen one done.

This car has a power top.  Was isstandard, an option or did he add it to this car as an aftermarket deal?  I forgot to ask him - I guess I could call and ask but since I am already on here asking questions.......

Inquiring mind

Roger