<VV> Wire wheels

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Dec 9 15:46:12 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/9/2006 4:16:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mopar at jbcs2.net writes:

One  certain way to significantly devalue your investment would be to modify
this car. Adding AC would decrease its value not by hundreds, but most
likely by
thousands. Adding AC would require modifications that would not  lend
themselves easily to be put back to stock.

It is your car though,  so do as you will.
But remember if in a few years you decide to sell it,  modifying it would
mean the sale price would be less than what you  paid...............

Just my opinion.

Gary  Swiatowy

Gary makes a good point - And I will add one more. The only reason to add
A/C would be to make the car a more comfortable "daily driver" - Of course, it
is your car, you can do what you want with it. But if you do make the decision
 to go daily driver, I suggest that you explore an alternate wheel/tire
strategy.  The wire wheels, while pretty and rare, are a pain to keep clean in
regular use.  There is no reason to rid yourself of them, just pick up an
alternate set-up for  regular use. The bolt pattern on the early model, 4 bolts on a
4.5" circle (AKA  114.3mm) is very common and tons of nice looking, inexpensive
wheels and tires  are available. The knock-off adapters on the Corvair,
bolt-on (and un-bolt off)  easily, and with correct storage the wheels could last
forever. The only reason  to consider this is for regular usage. It could be
that you are motivated and  agressive, and would keep those spokes sparkling.
But I have a tough time  keeping the brake dust off my aluminum wheels, since I
am lazy. - Seth  Emerson