<VV> LM Gas Tank Removal

jryall at juno.com jryall at juno.com
Mon Dec 11 13:12:30 EST 2006

1. I remove the stabilizer bar at the lower end of the mounts and just
pull it down out of the way.  You can do either end.
2. The fill and vent pipe hoses are difficult to get at from under the
car.  I remove the tank with the fill pipe attached.  You should replace
the hoses and clamps before reinstalling the unit.
3. You don't have to loosen the crossmember.
  3a  While the tank is out, this is an excellent time to check/replace
the brake line above the tank.
4. No problems reinstalling.  Have someone up top to help guide the
filler pipe into the gas door pocket grommet.
5.  No special hints, it is a relatively easy job.

John Ryall