<VV> DIPSTICK SEAL

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Dec 12 13:13:10 EST 2006

At 09:37 PM 12/11/2006, airvair wrote:
>No, Seth. We kicked all the dipsticks out of Washington last month.

...and replaced them with cast potmetal lugnuts.

Speaking of dipsticks:

Last I heard, the sources for those cute rubber gaskets on engine oil
dipsticks was leaned out bigtime.  Nobody had any.    Anybody know
where some of those gasket/seal inserts (late engines) might be
had?    Of the 'Vairs here, there's ONE dipstick with a gasket that
doesn't leak or rattle loose and that one is on the engine in my '60 4-door.

I've been told to simply shop around and buy a replacement
dipstick.      Yeah right...

So:   Anybody know of a source I might have missed?

tony..