<VV> How to Remove the Horn Cap on a 69 Monza

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 16:26:05 EST 2006

                                         B"H

Hey folks, this may be kinda a dumb question, but I'd
like to know the best way to remove the horn cap on my
69 Monza, on the steering wheel.  It has the stock
Monza wheel.

The shop manual says to "remove" it but is there a way
to do this without damaging anything?  I'm a bit
scared to just slide a screwdriver blade under it and
pry away without askng first.  I know that there's a
spring and other hardware under the horn button used
to activate the horn.

Thanks all...Bill H.

(PS Wife and I just got back from the Florida Keys; we
had a great time; drove from Key Largo to Key West on
Tuesday.  No, we didn't take the Vair.  Suzie stayed
safely in her garage back in Brooklyn NY.  I didn't
have enough vacation time to drive down there, but if
I did, believe me I would have.  I'm sure Suzie would
have attracted a lot of attention down there.  The
only oldie we saw the whole trip was a pretty nice
Springtime Yellow '65 Galaxie 500 convertible...BH)