<VV> Valve seat theory

James Dallas BEC176 at msn.com
Thu Dec 14 23:01:24 EST 2006

I finally got the engine pulled out of the Rampy and it was the number 3 intake seat that had dropped.  As I was tearing down the engine I noticed that there were no baffles on the cylinders on the even number cylinder side.

My theory is without the baffle installed (not a good thing for the cylinders on the even number side as far as keeping an even temp all the way around the cylinders), with less restriction of air flow on the even number side it was over heating the odd number side by letting the air flow out the path of least resistance.

Next on the list is to put a set of valves in some NOS 80 HP heads and stick them on a block that I had built up for my Spyder....which I no longer have.

Jim Dallas
CORSA
MCCA
GNRT