<VV> Brake Light Problem

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Dec 15 00:18:55 EST 2006

Not to pick on your advice, but this is bad advice.

The filament in the 1157 bulb that is the brake light is also the turn
signal light. So if you run a wire to connect the right and left bright
filament section together, then both "brake" lights will flash when the
turn signal is either position ( this is because Danny said both turn
signal directions light the appropriate filament). It will be like the 4
way flashers are on but no one will know where he is turning!

This advise would be correct for those cars with separate brake and turn
signal filaments. Not many of which were made in the 60's.

Frank DuVal