<VV> EM rear end swap

rgubser at zoomtown.com rgubser at zoomtown.com
Fri Dec 15 07:39:48 EST 2006

If your Spyder already has the factory HD suspension you may not notice very much improvement in handling after the swap. My '62 has the HD option and compared to my '64 I can't tell any difference except that the '62 has a slightly stiffer ride (which I happen to like.) I think the stiffer ride is actually caused by the front springs, not the rears. If your car has the standard suspension, then the swap may be worthwhile. Or, for a simpler alternative, use the '62-'63 HD rear springs and some good shocks and achieve almost the same result with a lot less work. Just my opinion, of course.

--
rgubser
e-mail: rgubser at zoomtown.com