<VV> Rich Thompson's Spyder & Concours Question

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Dec 15 12:21:59 EST 2006

Hi Russ,

You need to go to a CORSA Concours :-)

The short answer is - judging in CORSA is just that, they look at the
quality of the vehicle, nothing else.  You can bring a full blown race
car (and a few folks have) and compete in Concours.  The piece you're
thinking of is "classification" in CORSA parlance.  There are several
classes, and in Factory Stock these items certainly do matter.  I
suggest you go to the CORSA website and grab a copy of the rules.
Suffice it to say, if it has a Corvair engine or body, then you can
enter it in the Concours at a CORSA event.  That's not at all to take
away from the folks who restore to completely stock, as delivered,
there are plenty of those too.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa