<VV> Corvair engine - update

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Dec 15 09:18:41 EST 2006

Back in the day a loose fan belt was necessary on a Formula Vee to stay
with the pack. The idea was to maintain a constant (low) load on the engine
from the accessories. Since the load of the fan increases with RPM a loose
belt allowed it to reach a certain speed and then the belt would slip so it
did not go any faster or absorb any more hp.

Not sure about the thumbs, I use my index finger in one of the alternator
blades (engine off) and see how much pull it takes to rotate the alternator
shaft. Not much is just right.

Padgett