<VV> Fan Belt change tools

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Dec 15 22:03:20 EST 2006

Clark's does indeed sell the "bentwrench".  It is the perfect tool for
the job.  The part number is on my tools page.

However, I will make a heretical suggestion.  If you check the belt
fairly regularly and replace it every 20K miles or three years or so,
it is very unlikely to break at an inopportune time.  In general, I
don't carry any tools, parts, or other such stuff.  Nowhere in the
owner's manual do they suggest you need to.  It's a good idea to carry
a spare on a trip or such, but I think much of the concern comes from
the lousy belts available in the 80's (I tossed three of them in one
day back then).  Buy a good belt, put it on properly, change it when
it's old, and they last just fine.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa