<VV> Not To Telescope want one?

BigD darrenvvagazio at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 16 10:48:47 EST 2006

Speaking of which, my 1967 Monza (2 be or not 2 be parts car) has a telescoping column in it with a black/chrome wheel (bowtie emblem) in fair condition.

I really don't like the column and I know it's worth a fair amount, so I would rather swap it and get something out of it. I would love to trade for a plain column in the same condition plus other parts (local) or cash. Anybody have a FAIR trade; I'm in northern Alabama (35757)?

I thought I'd mention it here so the Corvair people get the first shot. If I get no response, I'll eventually put it on eBay

-Darren
Huntsville/Madison, AL

airvair <airvair at richnet.net> wrote:
Actually, having dealt with a Corvette guy on this very issue, they only
use SOME of the Corvair tele column parts, and throw the rest away. With
a '67-9 column, they are such rare beasts that it should be considered
heresy to sell one to a Corvette person, for ANY price. This is a case
where there just simply is far too few out there available for Corvair
people to get. I for one would love to get another '67 standard wheel
tele column for my project car. Yea, right. Like THAT is going to
happen. I had to trade one off just to get a '69 column for my '69 coupe
(as reported in my article in a recent CC).

So PLEASE don't even think of selling it to a Corvette person!

-Mark