<VV> Corvairs, Clutches and Knees

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Dec 17 12:29:20 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/17/2006 9:57:48 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
billpat at telusplanet.net writes:

Have a  total left knee
replacement scheduled for tomorrow and the thought occured  to me that
useing the clutch on my 63 Spyder may be difficult, even after  rehab.
Anybody been through this or know someone who has....and what  was the
result?

Hi Bill,
I had both knees replaced at the same time about 8 years ago. If my
experience is anything like yours will be, you will have a month or so getting  back
to normal and after that you will be at 95-99% of age 30. I go months and
months without ever realizing I've got metal knees. Only thing I don't do  like
when I was young is jog, since this jars the knees. I can run well  tho.
Don't worry about having a clutch.

Regards,
Bob Helt