<VV> How to Remove the Horn Cap on a 69 Monza

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Dec 17 21:04:31 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/14/2006 1:27:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gojoe283 at yahoo.com writes:

Hey  folks, this may be kinda a dumb question, but I'd
like to know the best way  to remove the horn cap on my
69 Monza, on the steering wheel.  It has  the stock
Monza wheel.

The shop manual says to "remove" it but is  there a way
to do this without damaging anything?  I'm a bit
scared  to just slide a screwdriver blade under it and
pry away without askng  first.  I know that there's a
spring and other hardware under the horn  button used
to activate the horn.

Thanks all...Bill  H.

One further note on the horn button removal - Although you probably already
have it figured out. If you are doing anything around the horn button area on
the wheel, remove the ground strap from the battery first. It might save you
bumping your head or hurting something or someone else as you pop out of the
car, to remove the strap as the horn is stuck on, blaring away. - Seth