<VV> Turn Signal Switch

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 21:58:12 EST 2006

                                          B"H

Actually, the cam is fairly easy to replace.  It is
held on by the turn signal lever screw.  The screw not
only attaches the turn signal lever, but the cam as
well.  The pin that has an internal thread on the
opposite side of the screw is very slightly crimped,
which holds the cam in place when the lever screw is
removed.  However, by using a pair of pliers I was
able to gently uncrimp this part just enough to pry
the cam off the switch assembly with a flathead
screwdriver.

When I re-assembled the unit, using the old broken cam
(the new one is on order) I simply pressed the cam
onto the switch (pin in position behind the switch
assembly), screwed the entire assembly back onto the
steering column, then screwed the lever back.
Everything went back on fitting as before and the cam
works like it did before.  The crimp remained
effective enough to hold the cam on without the screw
by slight pressure against the hole in the cam; but I
was able to pry it off a second time with the easiest
of pressure from a flathead screwdriver.

Replacing the entire assembly is easier but it'll cost
the better part of a buck, when the cam can be
purchased for a fraction of that price ($15. including
shipping).

If this works, I can take the rest of the money and
get that carpet (and glue) for the fold down rear seat
and package shelf I really want!

Regards...Bill H.
"Susie the Little Blue Coupe" 69 Monza 110 PG

>AFAIK, the only way to fix a "broken paw" in the
'67->9 switch is to