<VV> Shocks - no corvair, but car related

Chris C, Warwick RI ricorvair at cox.net
Mon Dec 18 14:23:51 EST 2006

The shocks on my wifes van are sqeeking.  Like a metal on metal rubbing
sound.  They are about 5 months old (gabrials).  If I bounce they bounce
the van while i am under it, I can hear it.  Tried wd40ing the leaf spring,
but that did not do it.

I did not use any sort of lubricant when I put them on, was I supposed
to.  Is a sqeeky shock dangerous, or a sign of danger.   We are going up
north for xmas, and I don't want any supprises.  The car did pass
inspection last month so I checked the wheel lugs on that wheel and left
off the hubcap to eliminate those as suspects.  Almost sounds like rubber
on rubber when you bounce it.