<VV> Help with 110hp engine disassembly--torque convertor

Matthew Lockwood matthew_lockwood at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 18 19:55:56 EST 2006

I have a 110hp engine with the bellhousing still attached, along with the
flywheel, that is covered by what I believe is the torque convertor, best I
can tell from pix in the shop manual. (pg 7-42, fig 7E-29, #38).  I have no
idea how to remove this part and thus be able to remove the flywheel and
then the bellhousing.  I have removed the three nuts (castellated) that can
be accessed from inside the bellhousing, and the 'seats' (for lack of a
better term) that the nuts screwed into.  The entire flywheel and convertor
assembly can be wiggled, but it doesnt appear to be sliding out.  What am I
missing here?

If there is a page in the manual that I can be directed to, I would
appreciate that as well.

Thanks, Matt