<VV> Thanks but....

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Dec 18 23:39:15 EST 2006

Mike:

There were a few (two?) replies to Roger that questioned his ability to
own a Corvair.

First:

Hi Roger, I think a better question would be why no tools and a spare
belt with just about everything in the car literally revolving around
the belt why not carry even that basic necessity?

Regards,

Guy Brandes

Then there was this one:

well, yes, and no, and maybe. if we knew why you were going down the
road without spares, we might be able to judge what was going on in your
mind, and thusly, better interpret your statements --

like, "Looked at my dash and the GEN light was bright red." -- well,
when did it come on? while you were looking in the mirror? previously?
or don't you know for the same reason you didn't have spares?

if it was on for 5 miles and you didn't notice it, well, your engine is
probably fine, because when you go to drive it again with a new fan
belt, you won't notice anything even if it isn't fine, so since you
won't notice it, it must be fine.

I say this in all sincerity, because some people are just not good
potential Corvair owners. People like my nephew. My nephew, (

snip

Godspeed!

Bill Strickland

There were many others that said these were out of line and not helpful to Roger.

It is a sad day for VV that a newbe gets jumped on just for asking a question.

I also welcome Roger to stay with us, as there is a lot of good talent here, but "once bitten , twice shy"....

Frank DuVal