<VV> Re: VV - End Casting

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Tue Dec 19 19:25:47 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/19/2006 5:15:31 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
barnaby at shaw.ca writes:

Secondly, to remove the end casting from the block, do I need to remove  the
distrubutor?  I think I have all of the bolts rmoved but the casting  is on
tight, I did not try to hit it with a bigger hammer, and I put my shop  manual
in a safe place last time I used it....so safe I can't find it.   Any help on
this one?
Thanks again
All the best
Robert  Paul

Hi Robert,
Yes, you need to remove the distributor. Just tap the end casting  off.  (
It's called the engine rear housing)  It sometimes is stuck  pretty well.
Regards,
Bob Helt