<VV> Household items used for Corvairs

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 19 19:54:16 EST 2006

I was thinking there are probably a lot of good ideas about using household items for taking care of our or any car.
For example.
Paper towel cardboard tubes for protecting camshafts and newspaper plastic bags for both camshafts and cranks.
Wrapping crankshaft journals with cardboard and tape, then bag. Grease too.
Plastic bags do not seem to do well over long storage in humid areas. How about cereal bags?They are wax-like paper and might seal better to protect against rust.

Any ideas out there on storage of parts?  Is there a standard size box for rear housings?  Brake cylinders seem to deteriorate quickly in storage.  Ideas?

Chuck S
BBRT