<VV> More on Break-Free penetrant lubricant

Sueron02 at aol.com Sueron02 at aol.com
Tue Dec 19 17:14:05 EST 2006

Hi,
 I had a VV member point out that Break-Free is available in one pint  pumper
bottles for about $20.  If you decide to try some Break-Free, I  suggest
looking for the small 4 OZ. aerosol can ... which should cost around  $5.  The
advantage of the 4 OZ. can is that it is small enough to allow  easy access under
a dash or inside a door or quarter panel.  The stuff is  magic on window
regulators, cables, pulleys, linkages, etc ... and once they are  lubed, they stay
lubed for a long, long time.  Break-Free's ability to  penetrate is legend.
In fact, the foaming action of the aerosol actually  helps the penetrating
ability as compared to the non-aerosol liquid in the  pumper bottles.  Really
good stuff.
  (An idea to save some $$:  I buy one of the bigger 15.85 OZ.  aerosol cans
and have several of the 4 OZ. cans scattered in various  locations.  When a 4
OZ. can gets low, I connect the large and small  cans together with the little
plastic "schnozz" tube, push both valve buttons  down simultaneously, and get
a nice useable refill on my 4 OZ can.  Works  perfect!  As you can tell, I
use a lot of Break-Free on cars, motorcycles,  ATV's ... and about anything else
that moves!)
Ron Saum
'65 Corsa 140 coupe
'65 Turbo Corsa Convert