<VV> Household items used for Corvairs

Louis C. Armer,Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 20 13:34:31 EST 2006

Glad bags for parts when disassembly is required  .....mark appropriately
Blue masking tape for various temporary sealing
Blue masking tape for temporary Xcross or road course numbers
Lint remover roll for fuzzies and upholstery / carpet cleanup
old toothbrushes for wax removal and parts cleaning
tooth picks for detailing and as a shim in loose screw holes
old 100% cotton towels,wash clothes,diapers for wax application and removal
various size old cake pans, pots etc for parts clean up, sorting,
retainer for carb parts
plastic jars for different parts
plastic medicine bottles for small parts

Chuck Armer
////////////////////////////////////////////////
At 12:05 AM 12/20/2006, you wrote:
>Many items today contain desikin (sp?) bags that absorb moisture. You are
>advised on the bag not to eat them (do they taste bad?) but you can
>put them in
>storage boxes of Corvair parts.
>
>I also use plastic storage boxes for parts. You can get clear boxes so you
>can see what's inside. They also work well with organizing the stuff you need
>in  your trunk. I have one for my autocross stuff and another for my car show
>stuff.  All I have to do is swap out the box in the trunk and I'm
>ready to go.
>They're  great for heavy stuff because they have handy handles.
>
>There are also several cleaning supplies my wife keeps under the kitchen
>sink that are handy around the garage. These include many of the
>chemicals but
>also handi-wipes and Scotch Brite. This can be a great way to "hide" a small
>part of the Corvair budget in the household line item :^).
>
>If you notice the "big spaghetti pot" needs to be replaced, don't throw it
>out. It can be used in the garage for lots of things. Just make sure you
>replace  it BEFORE you appropriate it, don't ask how I know about that.
>
>Ned
>///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
Corvair Atlanta Member
Corvair Atlanta BOD
Corvanatics Member