<VV> My Christmas present ( very little vair)

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Wed Dec 20 15:51:09 EST 2006

> present. After waiting more than five months and changing my mind more than
> once or twice I am now the proud owner of a shiny yellow 2007 Pontiac
> Solstice GXP roadster. I realize that this is totally out of my character
> (and I am a character, right?) but I just had to do it. I will still love my
> Corvairs and will continue my search to own every single 1960 Corvair that GM
> ever produced. However, on the next sunny, bright, warm day in Slippery Rock,
> PA I think I'll take the Solstice out for a spin. Anybody else out there
> ready for their mid-life crisis? - Caveman Pete

Well, you are not the only one. My shiny red Solstice GXP sits in my
garage. I now have 532 miles and the diff has broken in enough to have
some fun. It handles great and virtually no turbo lag. Amazing how strong
it is off the line with a stick and only 2L pulling a 2950 # car.

I only hope the fuel inj turbo vair motor I am building is 1/2 as
responsive.

regards,

frank parker

PS: I knoe a number of engineers who worked on GXP. The motor needs very
little if any break-in BUT the diff is different. I was told NO WOT for
about 500 mi to allow diff to break-in. Not a strength issue but if not
done correctly, you can cause whine.