<VV> Household items

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Thu Dec 21 11:20:39 EST 2006

Smitty Says:  Two household items I use that are on the top of my list for useful are newspaper bags and oven cleaner.  The oven cleaner is outstanding for degunking cyl heads and blocks.  I buy the old fashioned nose killing stinky stuff from the dollar store.  The newspaper bags are just the right size to slide a completed piston/cyl assembly into for dust free keeping while other engine work is going on.  They also hold a camshaft with gear and with care a crankshaft can be placed in one.  Also I put the rockers, pushrods, studs and guides in the valve cover they come out of, placing a piece of cardboard with the number #1 or #2 under the end rocker so I will know which end of the row to start with when reassembling.  Then that cover and its contents are placed in a news bag for keeping.  Being transparent has its advantages.