<VV> More info on Break-Free lubricant

Ron Saum m9engine at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 22 17:04:43 EST 2006

   Hi,
   I had a VV member point out that Break-Free is available in one pint pumper bottles for about $20.  He thought that was a little expensive.  If you decide to try some Break-Free, I suggest looking for the small 4 OZ. aerosol can ... which should cost around $5.  The advantage of the 4 OZ. can is that it is small enough to allow easy access under a dash or inside a door or quarter panel.  The can comes with a little "schnozz" tube that lets you put lubricant right where you need it.  The stuff is magic on window regulators, cables, pulleys, linkages, etc ... and once they are lubed, they stay lubed for a long, long time.  Break-Free's ability to penetrate is legend.  In fact, the foaming action of the aerosol actually helps the penetrating ability as compared to the non-aerosol liquid in the pumper bottles.  I've used both, and the aerosol seems to be the best.
      (An idea to save some $$:  I buy one of the bigger 15.85 OZ. aerosol cans and have several of the 4 OZ. cans scattered in various locations.  When a 4 OZ. can gets low, I connect the large and small cans together with the little plastic "schnozz" tube, push both valve buttons down simultaneously, and get a nice useable refill on my 4 OZ can.  Works perfect!  As you can tell, I use a lot of Break-Free on cars, motorcycles, ATV's ... and about anything else that moves!)
  Ron Saum
  '65 Corsa 140 coupe
  '65 Turbo Corsa Convert